Smart Teams are a powerful feature, unique to CloudM Automate, which awards domain administrators unprecedented flexibility and control of users profiles, without the need to disrupt the existing structure of your domain. Using the power of dynamic membership lists and the various methods of identifying specific available user profiles, administrators are able to provide specific configuration items to users across the domain.
To navigate to the Smart Teams page, select Automate > Smart Teams.
In the Smart Teams table, you can view a list of all the Smart Teams that have been created on your domain, organized using the following fields:
- Name - The name of the Smart Team
- Description - A short description that explains the purpose of the Smart Team.
- Email Address - The email address for the Smart Team
- Members - The number of users currently added to the specific Smart Team
You can also Reorder the Smart Teams to set which Smart Team takes priority when a user is included in both. Smart Team settings will take precedent over OU settings where there is a conflict (e.g. when a user is offboarded, the Offboarding Workflow of the Smart Team will be applied).
Clicking on a Smart Team will prompt the informational panel to slide in from the right hand side of the screen. On the panel, you can view:
- Members - View all current members in the Smart Team. To add a new member, enter the user's name in the Group field, set whether they will be a member, manager or owner of the Smart Team and then select Add. To remove the member from the group, select the arrow next to the member's name and confirm the action - they will then be removed from the list of members.
- Details - View the current Access Level, Tags and Extra Information set for the Smart Team.
- Shared - View the documents and calendars that are shared with all members of the Smart Team. Select Add Shared Document / Add Shared Calendars / Add Shared Drive and then browse for the items that you want shared.
There are also 3 option buttons on the informational panel that will allow you to:
- Edit - Edit the details of the Smart Team
Actions - Selecting the Actions button will prompt a drop down menu to be displayed that shows the available actions that you can complete on the Smart Team.
- Automate Roles - Apply roles to all users within the Smart Team. Please refer to the Assigning Roles article for more details.
- Export Items - Export all users in the Smart Team into a .csv or Google spreadsheet.
- Import Items - Upload a .csv file or Google spreadsheet. You can choose to update an existing person, create a new person, remove an existing person or password reset.
- Check Import Status - When an import is taking place, you can check the current status. Completed imports can be found in the logs.
- Delete Group - Permanently delete the Smart Team from your domain. Members will be removed from the group.
- Send Email - Send an email to the Smart Team email address
- Advanced Settings - Administrative settings for the Smart Team
- View Group Messages - View all previous group conversations.
- Convert to Group - Convert the Smart Team to a Group. This means that all members will be moved over to a Group and will be disassociated from any shared documents, onboarding / offboarding workflows or Email Signatures set for the Smart Team (and will be subject to the settings of the next Smart Team they are associated to or their OU if they are not members of any other Smart Team).
- Add Microsoft Teams functionality - (Microsoft domains only) Add Microsoft Teams functionality to an Office 365 Group.
Configure - Selecting the Configure button will prompt a drop down menu to be displayed that shows settings that you can apply to your Smart Team, such as setting the Onboarding and Offboarding workflows and Email Signature management. Please note that workflows set for a Smart Team will supersede workflows set for an OU where a user is in both.
- Security - Selecting Security will take you to Administrate > Security with the specified Smart Team pre-selected. You can change the Password and Login security for all users within the Smart Team.
- Onboarding - Selecting Onboarding will take you to Administrate > Onboarding.
- Fields - Selecting Fields will take you to Administrate > Profile Fields with the specified Smart Team pre-selected. You can set the information that can be displayed for the Smart Team and users within the Smart Team, and whether these settings are inherited from the OU or need to be added explicitly.
- Email Signatures - Selecting Email Signatures will take you to Administrate > Email Signature Management. You can edit and enable a signature to be applied to the email footer of all users within the Smart Team.
- Offboarding - Selecting Offboarding will take you to Administrate > Offboarding Workflow with the specified Smart Team pre-selected. You can set the Offboarding workflow that will be applied to all users within the Smart Team when they leave your organization.