Normally the 'Get items from source' functionality within the users page would be used to populate the list of users to migrate. There may be special scenarios when this may not be suitable, or if you want to perform bulk editing of user details.
Instead of the 'Get items from source' feature, you can manually import a csv file containing user information in Step 3 of a Configuration, using the Add items to migrate button and selecting 'Bulk add/import items'.
To generate a template, use the Download sample CSV file link from the items page. This will create a CSV file ready for usage.
Using Microsoft Excel
You should take care that Excel does not corrupt the CSV file or change its encoding. Using a simple text editor is the safest option when working with CSV files.
Each line in the file should be in the following format, usually with 18 values separated by commas. Items marked ‘Optional’ can be left empty. The header line below should be included as the first line of the CSV file.
It is also possible to import a file containing a subset of the user information. In this case the values Migrate, ExportName and ImportName must be provided, but others can optionally be provided. To import a CSV file containing a subset, specify the header line as below, and just specify values for the named items:
Migrate,ExportName,ImportName <<any other named items as above>>
- Migrate – True or False, Required – Process this user
- Priority - True or False, Required - This is an option in the web UI. If this is enabled, the user will be processed first from the user list.
- Id - String, Optional - Generated by the tool itself and can be left blank.
- ParentNodeId - String, Optional, - This is also generated by the tool and can be left blank.
- ExportObjectType – String, Required - Must be ‘User’, ‘Resource’ or ‘PublicFolder’
- ImportObjectType – String, Required – Must be ‘User’, ‘Resource’, ‘Group’ or ‘PublicFolder’
- ExportName – String, Required – The export name for this user. Depending on the system being migrated this value will vary:
- GroupWise – The users login name
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016/Microsoft 365 – The user’s primary SMTP email address, or the part before the ‘@’ symbol. If specifying only the part before the ‘@’, ensure that the export domain matches the domain of the users being migrated
- Lotus Notes/Domino – The user’s abbreviated Notes name
- Google Workspace – The user’s email address, or the part before the ‘@’ symbol. If specifying only the part before the ‘@’, ensure that the export domain matches the domain of the users being migrated
- Scalix – The user’s primary SMTP address
- Zimbra – The user’s primary SMTP address
- IMAP – The user’s IMAP login name
- Box - The user's logon email address
- Dropbox - The user's logon email address
- ImportName – String, Required – The import name for this user, you can specify a full email address or only the part before the ‘@’ symbol and the import domain will be appended.
- GivenName – String, Optional (Required when provisioning users) – The users given name, or the item name for resources/groups
- FamilyName – String, Optional (Required when provisioning users) – The users family name, or the item description for resources/groups
- Password / Resource Type – String, Optional (Required when provisioning users) – The users password
- ArchivePath – String, Optional (Required when migrating archives) – The file/folder path (or paths) to the users archive files
- DocumentsPath – String, Optional (Required when migrating documents from the file system) – The folder path (or paths) to the users documents within the file system
- DocumentsDestinationPath - String, Optional (Required when migrating documents from the file system) - Documents will be migrated to the specific subfolder in the Shared Drive.
- MigrateMail – True or False, Required – Process mail for this user
- MigrateContacts – True or False, Required – Process contacts for this user
- MigrateCalendar – True or False, Required – Process calendars for this user
- MigrateDrive – True or False, Required – Process documents for this user
- MigrateSites – True or False, Required – Process sites for this user
- MigrateTasks – True or False, Required – Process tasks for this user
- ExportObjectRef – String, Optional – Usually set by the system
- ImportObjectRef – String, Optional – Usually set by the system. Only required for public folders.
- MigrateNotes - True or False, Optional - True or False setting for Notes on Microsoft 365 and can be ignored if not used / do not have any Notes.