The following instructions are designed to assist you in migrating content from Hosted Exchange.
Currently supported Hosted Exchange Providers:
- RTW Hosting
- Time Warner Cable
- VAR Dynamics
Source Platform Prerequisites
When migrating from Hosted Exchange CloudM Migrate has preset configurations for the most popular providers, you can simply select your provider and the server and authentication details will be pre-populated. If your provider is not supported you can enter the details manually, but you will need to obtain the Autodiscover or Direct EWS URL, and authentication method supported.
Select your configuration
If you have not already done so, create a new configuration item by clicking the plus button and then "create a new configuration to get started".
Select the Hosted Exchange configuration item.
You should also supply a license key here before you continue. If you do not supply a key you will be able to setup and configure CloudM Migrate but will not be able to perform a migration.
To enter this key, hover over the orange gear in the actions column and navigate to "View license" (one icon to the left) and you will be prompted to apply a license. Alternatively, you can click the name of the unlicensed configuration.When entering a license, you must first specify the platforms that you will be migrating to and from (see steps 3 and 4). You do not need to set up the platforms yet, just let us know which you will be using so that we can check your license validity.
Source Platform - Hosted Exchange
Choose Hosted Exchange as the migration source and enter your Hosted Exchange settings into CloudM Migrate and then click next.
If your Hosted Exchange provider is listed, select it from the list of providers and the server details will be populated. If your provider is not listed, select 'My Provider is Not Listed' and enter the below details.
- Autodiscovery Service URL – In order to connect to the correct server, autodiscovery is used to obtain the server information. Input the URL to the autodiscovery service for your domain. The value for your Microsoft Exchange server is like https://yourserver/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
- Admin Username – Enter the full email address of your Microsoft Exchange admin user.
- Admin Password – Enter the password of the admin user.
- Domain Name – Enter the domain name you will be migrating from. This should be the Internet domain name, not the local domain name.
- Test User Name – Enter an email address of an active user within your Microsoft Exchange system. This account is used to test connections as in most cases the admin account will not be mailbox enabled.
CloudM Migrate will now perform a small connection test to verify that the details you have entered are correct. If this fails you may have entered something incorrectly. If you are failing to resolve the issue please contact CloudM Support via the chat icon.