CloudM's connection to Bamboo HR allows you to make changes in a user's Bamboo HR profile, and those changes will automatically be updated on their CloudM profile. The change will also be synced to your domain (Google Workspace / Microsoft 365).
As the connector is classed as a one-way inbound connection, changes made in CloudM will not be updated in Bamboo HR (but will still be synced to your domain).
Why should you use the Bamboo HR connector?
Let's use an example - Jasmine has got herself a nice little promotion.
As her HR Manager, you are naturally very happy for her, but now you have to update her profile to meet her new status (including not only her new job title, but also her Department and who she Reports To).
At the moment, you would have to update in both Bamboo HR and CloudM separately, which can be a bit time consuming (and also prone to error).
With the Bamboo HR connector, all you need to do is make the changes once, in Bamboo HR - your Golden Record. These changes will automatically be posted to CloudM and updated on Jasmine's profile (using her work email as the identifier) and added to her email signature. Additionally, if the changes meet the criteria of a Smart Team (e.g. changing departments), Jasmine will automatically be given access to new files and calendars, and her permissions will be updated so she can access the features in CloudM that she needs to get on with her job - from day one.
If that wasn't enough, CloudM acts as a middle man, allowing you to make a change in Bamboo HR and that change be applied to your domain (Google Workspace or Microsoft 365), which isn't natively possible from Bamboo HR.
But, what about when Jasmine leaves the company?
As well as buying her leaving present, you also need to change her Employment Status in Bamboo HR, trigger the Offboarding Policy in CloudM and update on your domain.
With the connector enabled, all you need to do is set Jasmine's Employment Status in Bamboo HR (specifying a Termination Date) and everything else will be automated.
To integrate with Bamboo HR
You will need to have Administrative rights in Bamboo HR to add the webhook details.
- Select Settings > Integrations,
- Click on the Bamboo HR tile,
- On the next screen, select Install,
- Once installed, you will see details on how to enable the integration. Click on the Copy to Clipboard icon at the end of the Webhook URL field (as you will need to add the URL later).
- In a new browser, sign into Bamboo HR using an administrative account,
- Click on the Settings (Cog) icon at the top of the screen,
- On the Settings screen, select Accounts > Webhooks,
- Select + Add Webhook,
- Enter a name for the Webhook (Connection).
- In the What fields do you want to monitor? section, choose one or more of the following fields:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Name
- Job Title
- Reporting To
- Hire Date
- Employment Status*
- In the What fields do you want to post? section, ensure that any field chosen above is entered here as well.
- You must ensure that the Work Email field is selected, as this field will act as the identifier used to make sure changes are made to the correct CloudM profile.
- If you have chosen to monitor Employment Status, you must also select Termination Date to post. This means that if a user is terminated in Bamboo HR, the date that they will leave the company will be sent to CloudM and the offboarding workflow will be applied accordingly.
- If you have chosen to monitor Reporting to, you must also select Supervisor email and Reports To to post.
- Ensure that the Data Format is set to JSON.
- In the Where should data be posted? field, paste the URL that you previously copied from CloudM.
- You can choose how often changes get posted to CloudM (which will post all monitored changes made in that time period), but, as default, the time is set to post every minute.
- Select Save to confirm any changes.
To test the integration
- In Bamboo HR, make a change to one of the monitored fields on a chosen user's profile (e.g. change the job title) and save to confirm.
- Wait for the amount of time you have set for changes to be posted to CloudM (one minute by default) and check that the change has been made to the user's CloudM profile.
- Changes will also be displayed on the user's email signature preview (if the field is used in the template), but will not be displayed on the actual email signature until it has synced.
- If you have an error (e.g. the field does not update) or you just want to check that a message has been posted between Bamboo HR and CloudM, you can check the Logs for more detail.