As the Contacts API that we have previously used to migrate contacts is being replaced with the People API, existing users will need to manually grant access to the new required scopes.
If this process is not carried out, the following error message will be displayed when you attempt a connection test:
- Test connection for 'Source / Destination' settings has been failed. Details: Google (Export) (Contacts)=Failed: Message is: Error:"unauthorized_client", Description:"Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.", Uri:"". Does the user exist in the domain? Check the API is enabled and the correct scopes assigned.
To manually grant the required scopes:
- Sign into a Google Workspace admin account on the Source or Destination platform,
- Click on the following link to navigate to the Marketplace app settings page for CloudM Migrate within Google Admin:
- You will see that the required scopes under the Contacts section are displayed as Not granted.
- Scroll to the top of the screen and select Grant access (under the Data access section where you should also see that the Status is displayed as Partially granted).