Source: Personal Gmail > Destination: Any
If presented with the following error as below, please follow the solution steps in order to resolve the issue.
Steps to check:
1. Check within your gmail account itself that the less secure apps setting is 'ENABLED' guidelines via link below.
2. Check on the article below to see if we can try and resolve the connection issue between gmail and cloud migrate. If you could just follow the steps and confirm all is set accordingly within the gmail account you are using including IMAP and SMTP.
IMAP setting within the main gmail screen > mail > cog icon > see all settings > forwarding and POP/IMAP, - enable IMAP and save.
3 .Personal Gmail Account Check:
In regards to the source account you need to make sure this gmail account is logged in under an incognito browser session, this is part of an authentication process so our tool can then communicate with the account.
So if you can make sure the Gmail account is logged in via incognito and then try the test connections again, this should then connect successfully for the source.
4. Turn on MFA / 2FA and create a app password:
If the above three steps haven't fixed the error, then I would advise trying the following below on the source personal Gmail account:
- Turn on MFA/2FA on the account itself.
- Make sure less secure apps are enabled, note: it will say it's no longer supported and needs an app password.
- Create the app password.
- Use the email address and the application password in the password box within the cloud migrate tool that was generated from the previous step.
Log a ticket with the support desk to seek further advice, if you have followed the above steps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.