Please be advised that CloudM Migrate Desktop has been removed from the CloudM Migrate Self Hosted installation wizard for version 3.30 (and future versions).
Upgrading to v3.30 will also uninstall existing Desktop applications. The migration configuration and progress history will not be lost, and users can import the configuration and continue the migration in the Web application.
We have taken this decision as the Desktop version of Self Hosted does not include the wide range of features, improvements and bug fixes that we have added to CloudM Migrate Web over the last year.
Export / save your configuration from the Desktop Application
Before you update to v3.30, you may want to save your configurations so that you can import them into the Web version of the software. Configurations are saved as XML files to a destination of your choosing.
You may also already have these configurations saved as the Desktop app regularly prompts you to save the XML file.
To save a configuration:
- Open CloudM Migrate Desktop.
- Start a new configuration or load an existing configuration.
- Make any changes to the configuration that you want to make.
- Select the Menu icon at the top of the application.
- Select File > Save Configuration As...
- Save the XML file to a destination on your computer, with a file name that will be easy to understand.
Import a Configuration into your Web application
To import a Configuration file:
- Login to the web application.
- On the Projects page, select the + (Plus) icon,
- Select the Create a configuration from upload option.
- In the pop-up box, enter a Configuration name and then browse your PC for the configuration file that you want to upload. The file must be in XML format.
- Select Continue.
- The configuration will now be displayed in the Configuration Overview.
- When you select the configuration, you will be prompted to add a valid license key.