Microsoft Rate limits are throttling migrations on Microsoft mailboxes using EWS (Exchange Web Services).
There is a way to temporarily increase the EWS (Exchange Web Services) throttling policy limits for Microsoft mailboxes, that will be applied to backup jobs that are currently running and are currently experiencing throttling issues.
The changes will not resolve issues on OneDrive, Personal Site or Sharepoint Site backup.
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Click on the Help icon in the top corner of the screen.
- Search for EWS and select the Increase EWS Throttling Policy article that is suggested.
- In the Run diagnostics section that is displayed, select Run Tests.
- If the diagnostic returns a The Exchange Web Services are throttled message, you have the option to change (ease) the policy to allow your migration to complete.
- Choose the Duration (Days) that you want to relax the policy for from the drop down menu. You can choose between 20, 60 and 90 days.
- Place a tick in the checkbox to acknowledge that want to make the specified changes.
- Select Update Settings to apply the changes to the policy.
- Changes can take up to 30 minutes to take effect.
Please note that this is solely a Microsoft process and not a CloudM process, and may changed or removed in the future, without our prior knowledge.