The Migration Readiness Test is an evolution of our Drive Readiness Test, that was specifically designed for Google Drive to Google Drive migrations, to provide a last check before starting a migration (regardless of the source or destination platform - with the exception of PST Archives, Google Cloud Storage and Microsoft Azure Storage). The Drive Readiness Test is now included as part of the Migration Readiness Test.
The test will be optional but is highly recommended, especially in cases where the user has made numerous changes to their configuration. You can only run one Migration Readiness Test at a time.
The test includes:
- Checking where changes have been made to general and advanced migration settings (differing from the default values) and suggest any potential issues that these settings could cause,
- Scanning the Source and Destination platform to ensure that the connections work properly,
- Flagging up any additional limitations, allowing users to resolve any issues before their migration begins.
To run the Migration Readiness Test,
- Configure your migration as usual, until you get to the Environment Scan stage,
- After conducting an Environment Scan, select Next,
- On the Summary screen, select Start (or click on the Migration Readiness Tests field)
- A Migration Readiness Test pop-up screen will be displayed, as shown below,
- You can choose to skip the Migration Readiness Test (by placing a tick in the checkbox), but we highly recommend running the test,
- Select Start Readiness Test,
- The results will start to propagate as settings are checked,
- If the setting is properly configured, the check results will be highlighted in Green,
- If the setting is different to the default value, it will be highlighted in Blue with a description of the setting. These results reflect changes that you have made, but should still be checked here to make sure that they are still correct for your migration,
- If the setting has failed (usually when attempting to connect to a source or destination platform), the check result will be highlighted in Red. These settings need to be rectified or your migration will fail.
- Select Close to close the pop-up screen.
- Once all errors are corrected, you can start your migration.
To export the report (for example, if prompted by our Support Team):
- Once the test has been completed, select the Export option,
- The report will be exported in CSV format and will save in your computer's Downloads folder.
- Attach the CSV file to your Support ticket.