Once you have chosen the Organizational Unit or Smart Team you want to edit (on the Administrate > Profile Fields screen), select the Profile Display Order tab.
On the Profile Display Order tab, you can set which elements will be displayed on a user profile (for the specific Organizational Unit or Smart Team) and the order in which they will be shown. For example, you might have a specific Organizational Unit or Smart Team within your domain that you do not want to display the users' Addresses or Telephone Numbers for, or you may choose to move the Telephone number element to a more prominent position on the profile for a specific department.
Inheritance fields can either be:
- Organizational Units - Set for the parent OU and inherited, or explicitly set for each OU.
- Smart Teams - Set to Enable to apply the policy to all users in the Smart Team, or to Disable to force the user's profile to be set by the next Smart Team (set to Enable) they are part of, or the Organizational Unit if the user isn't part of any enabled Smart Team.
To hide an element from user profiles:
- Select the Organizational Unit or Smart Team you want to edit,
- Select the Profile Display Order tab,
- Set the setting inheritance to Explicitly set Profile Display Order,
- Next to the element or elements that you want to hide, click on the checkbox to deselect (so that the checkbox is clear).
- Elements with a tick next to them will be shown on the user profile if information for the field is available.
- Click on Save to confirm and apply any changes.
You can use the Up and Down arrows to set the order that the information will be shown on the profile.
Please note that the position of Notes, Organization and Photo elements are not relevant (as they have set positions on the profile), but you can set their visibility.
Please sign in to leave a comment.