CloudM Migrate only supports migrating Microsoft Team Private Channels from Office 365 to Office 365 domains, including migrating HTML document only and support channel members. Migrating channel members must exist in the destination domain.
Emails cannot be migrated as the mailbox is shared across all members of the team and not on a per channel basis.
To migrate Private Channels:
- Run a migration to an existing Microsoft Team.
- Private Channels will be logged as Import Failures on their first migration run. On the migration summary page, you can view these by clicking on the migrating Team's number under the Import Failure column on the right. You should see logged items in the detailed view with Details: 'Error Creating Channel Private Channel in Private Team' and Reason: 'Private Channel : Private Channel in Private Team has been created but the site collection could not be resolved. Please refer to 'Private Channel' documentation.'.
- In the destination tenant, navigate to the newly created Teams and you should see that the failed Private Channels were created. Select a Private Channel and click on the 'Files' tab at the top. This will provision the Private Channel's site collection and allow migration proceed.
- Repeat for any additional Private Channels.
- Return to CloudM Migrate and continue with the migration process.
If you see failures, clicking Export Failures will show you what has caused the failure to occur. Typical errors that you might see include:
- Error exporting Channel: Private Channel :Private Channel in Public Team File System Information could not be resolved. Please refer to 'Private Channel' documentation. - This can be resolved in the same way as above, where you will need to navigate to the 'Files' tab of the Private Channel you are migrating in the source tenant. This happens when site collections haven't been provision in the source,