The User Administration screen allows you to grant permission to new users to access CloudM Migrate, edit existing users and lock user access.
Users are then able to create, configure and start migrations, monitor the progress of ongoing projects and create new users. With this level of access, it is important that you only create new CloudM Migrate accounts for administrators that will carry out migration processes.
On the User Administration screen, you can see:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone number (if provided)
- Active - Displays whether the user has access (ticked checkbox) or has been locked out using the Lock icon (unticked checkbox).
- Address (if provided)
- Lock icon - Select the Locked icon to disable access to CloudM Migrate for the specific user. A confirmation message will prompt you to confirm. If a user is locked, select the Unlocked icon and confirm to re-enable access.
- Edit icon - Select the Edit icon to edit the user’s information.
To edit your own details:
- On the User Administration screen, select the own profile page link in the information box below the header, (or select your profile icon in the top corner on any screen (your initials displayed in a circle icon)).
- You will see two sections:
- Personal Info - Update your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone number (optional) and Address (optional). Select Update Details to confirm any changes.
- Password - Change your password by entering your Current Password, your New Password and then your new password again in the Confirm Password field. Select Update Password to confirm any changes.
To search for a specific user in the list, you can:
- Enter a keyword in the Search field. The table of results will update as you enter the text to display all relevant users. The keyword could be a specific user name or part of an email address (e.g. @cloudm.co) or location address (Lowry House).
- Use the dropdown menu to select how many individual users will be displayed on each page. You can choose to display 10, 25 or 50 items per page, and navigate between pages by selecting Next and Previous at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Title in any column (First Name, Last Name, Email etc.) to organize the user’s alphabetically (A-Z) according to the information in the column. Selecting the same title again will prompt the information to be displayed from Z-A.
- If you select Active, users will be grouped together by status (Active Users and Inactive / Locked Users).
Adding a new User
To add a new user:
- In CloudM Migrate, select User Administration.
- Select the Add User button,
- You will be required to enter a First Name, Last Name and Email address, and you can also optionally add a Phone number and Location Address.
- Next, enter a new Password and confirm the Password.
- As you enter the password, a color bar will denote how secure the password is (Red - weak, Amber - medium, Green - Strong).
Please sign in to leave a comment.