Source Platform Prerequisites
- You will need the credentials (username and password) of an admin account within Zimbra.
Configuring the Zimbra admin
No extra configuration is required for migration from Zimbra servers. You must have credentials for an administrative user for the Zimbra system, or a domain administrator if migrating items from a specific domain within a multi-domain environment.
In order to read user lists from the system, a full system administrator account is required. To set a user as a global administrator.
By default Zimbra creates a global admin with the username Admin@domain.com. If you need to create a additional admin, follow these steps
This will create an additional admin account with the password of 'test123':
zmprov ca firstname.lastname@example.org test123 zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
This will transform a normal existed user account into an admin account (in this example futur-admin will become an admin) :
zmprov ma email@example.com zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
To change the password, run:
zmprov sp firstname.lastname@example.org NEW_PASSWORD
If you are using a Network hosted install of Zimbra, please consult your administrator for the details of the Zimbra admin account.
Source Platform - Zimbra
Choose Zimbra as the migration source and enter your Zimbra settings into CloudM Migrate and then click next.
- Server Address - The hostname or IP address of the Zimbra server.
- REST Connection Protocol - Choose whether to use a secure, HTTPS encrypted connection, or a default unsecure HTTP connection for REST requests.
- SOAP Connection Protocol - Choose whether to use a secure, HTTPS encrypted connection, or a default unsecure HTTP connection for SOAP requests.
- REST Port - The port number on which REST requests are made to the Zimbra server. This is usually the same port on which your Zimbra web access runs.
- SOAP Port - The port number on which SOAP requests are made to the Zimbra server. This is usually the same port as the administrative web interface for Zimbra.
- Admin Username - The username of an administrator account with full rights on your Scalix server.
- Admin Password - The password of the specified administrator account.
- Test Username - Specify the full email address of a user within the system, this must be a real user and must be the primary email address; not an alias.
- Domain - Specify the domain that you wish to migrate users from. Leave empty if you do not wish to limit migration to a single domain and would like to migrate users from all domains.
Most Zimbra servers listen for REST requests on the same port used for web access. When in doubt, try the default HTTPS port (443) or failing that the default HTTP port (80).
Similarly, the SOAP port is usually the same port as the admin web interface which defaults to 7071.
CloudM Migrate will now perform a small connection test to verify that the details you have entered are correct. If this fails you may have entered something incorrectly. If you are failing to resolve the issue please contact CloudM Migrate Support.