Choose Dropbox for Business as the migration source and enter your Dropbox for Business settings into CloudM Migrate and then click Next.
- File Access App Key – In order to migrate from Dropbox, CloudM Migrate must be correctly authenticated. To do this, a dropbox app must be created as shown in the prerequisites section. Input the app key shown on the dropbox app settings page.
- File Access Token - As with the app key, steps must be taken within your dropbox app settings to generate a file access token, enter the value generated.
- Redirect URI - This should already be given, and in most cases will not need to be changed.
- Team Folders Owner - The email address of the user who will take ownership of 'Team Folders' in the destination.
- Test User Name - Enter an email address of an active user within your Dropbox for Business system. This account is used to test connections and must not be the administrator account.
CloudM Migrate will now perform a small connection test to verify that the details you have entered are correct. If this fails you may have entered something incorrectly. If you are failing to resolve the issue please contact CloudM Support.