It is now time to add which users you would like to migrate.
When migrating from Google Workspace, you will be able to get users by selecting the down arrow on Add items to migrate and then selecting Get items from source. If this option is unavailable, you can manually import users via a CSV file or simply add them individually via the Add User button.
Selecting a star next to any specific user or users will prioritize their migration. When a migration starts, threads will be assigned to any starred user so that their migration can start immediately.
At this point, you can choose what to migrate for each user by placing a tick in the relevant checkboxes. When migrating from Google Workspace, you can migrate mail, contacts, calendars, tasks, files, and sites.
Enter your user's full email address within the Export Name field. If you have already created your Microsoft 365 users, then you will just need to enter their username.
To migrate from a Google Workspace Shared Drive:
- Click on Add items to migrate and select ‘Add Shared Drive' from the dropdown menu.
- You must specify the ID of the Shared Drive you wish to migrate from in Export Name.
- You can also specify any folder within a Shared Drive. This is done by specifying the folder ID in the 'Documents Path' field.
- You must make sure your migrating account has organizer permissions for any Shared Drives that are being migrated.
To migrate files to a Google Workspace Shared Drive:
- Either select the item you wish to migrate and select 'Migrate as Shared Drive' from the actions menu, or specify the import type as 'Shared Drive' when adding an item.
- You can then specify the ID of the Shared Drive in the ‘Import Name’ field or the name of the Team Drive in the ‘Given Name’ field. If the Shared Drive specified doesn't exist, then it will be created.
- You can use a unique ID in the 'Import Name' field to identify the Shared Drive across multiple migrations.
- You can specify a specific folder to migrate from in the 'Documents Path' field, and this will migrate only the specified folder and all subfolders.
- You can specify a specific folder to migrate from in the 'Documents Destination Path' field. Documents will be migrated to the specific subfolder in the Shared Drive.
- Finally, you must make sure your migrating account has organizer permissions for any Shared Drives that are being migrated.
To improve performance to Shared Drives:
- Configure multiple organizers to perform the migration with the configuration setting:
- Destination Platform Migration Settings (Google Workspace) > Shared Drive > Shared Drive Default Organizers