While the default options are recommended for the majority of users, CloudM Migrate gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are the advanced options available to those migrating to Microsoft 365.
These settings are only needed when migrating files or sites to your Microsoft 365 domain.
- SharePoint Migration API - SharePoint Migration API is recommended for all migrations to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. It is enabled as default.
- Sharepoint Admin URL - The URL for the sharepoint admin center. Go to the Microsoft 365 admin portal, then to the Admin Centers and finally to Sharepoint. It should look like this example: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com
- Retry Count - The number of times an operation will be tried before failing when making requests to SharePoint.
- Timeout - The timeout for operations with the sharepoint server.
- Maximum File Size - The maximum size (in bytes) of files that will be uploaded.
- Top Level Folder - Optionally place all folders and files in the specified top level folder. Leave empty to not create an extra top level folder. The first top level folder name migrated to will be fixed for future migrations.
- Truncate Folders and Files - OneDrive and SharePoint impose various restrictions on the length of folder and filenames. By default, CloudM Migrate will truncate these folder and filenames so that they fit under the limits imposed by SharePoint. If this is disabled and any folder or file paths are too long, then these folders and files will fail to migrate.
- Preserve File Created and Modified Dates - Preserve date and time created metadata for any files migrated.
- Provision Sites - Provision any personal OneDrive sites or Team Sites that do not already exist as part of a migration.
- Provision Sites Timeout Check - Wait at most this number of milliseconds when provisioning sites before failing if the site has not yet been created.
- Team Site URL - The URL for sites and teams. This is usually https://tenant.sharepoint.com
- Team/Sites Directory - When migrating to Team Sites, choose to migrate to a URL starting with 'teams' or 'sites'.
- Trace OneDrive Requests - All OneDrive requests will be logged in the trace files in order to help diagnose errors.
- Ignore List Sync Limits - Ignore restrictions and limitations in using OneDrive for Business to sync SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013 libraries to your computer. There are very few scenarios in which this options should be changed.
- Maximum Message Size - The maximum message size, in bytes, that will be migrated, anything larger will be ignored.
- Strip Received Headers - Removes Received headers from emails and replaces them with a single header corresponding to the Date header of the email. See Incorrect date ordering of emails in Exchange after migrating from Google Workspace for more information.
- Use Chunked HTTP Web Requests - This is an optimisation for CloudM Migrate that allows large files to be migrated without reading the entire payload into memory. This is enforced for Office 365 regardless of setting, but disabled by default for other Exchange platforms as they may not support chunked/streamed uploads.
- Recoverable Items Destination - When migrating items from the recoverable items folder, choose whether to place them in Recoverable Items or in the Mailbox.
- Exchange 2007 Calendar Timezone - The default timezone to use with appointments when migrating from Exchange 2007 when the timezone is not identified by other means.
- Exchange 2010/Office 365 Calendar Timezone - The default timezone to use with appointments when migrating from Exchange 2010 when the timezone is not identified by other means.
- Appointment Body Type - Identifies how the appointment body content is formatted. If left undefined it will be assigned based on appointment HtmlContent or TextContent properties. If set to 'Best' the body will be formatted based on the richest available content.
Microsoft Teams / Groups
- Timeout – The timeout for operations with the server.
- Retry Count – The number of times an operation will be attempted before failing.
- Maximum Results Per Request – The maximum number of results to return for individual queries.
- Create Office 365 Group – Create Office 365 Group if it does not exist.
- Provision Office 365 Group Timeout Check – The maximum period of time used to check if a Office 365 Group has been created.
- Test Office 365 Group Email – The email address of a Office 365 group that already exists.
- Default Document Library Name - When migrating 'Microsoft Teams' and 'Microsoft Groups', and the source platform is not Office 365 or Sharepoint On Premise, documents will be migrated to this library.
- Chat Message Library Name - When migrating 'Microsoft Teams', and 'Export Chat Message Type' is set to 'Document' or 'Email and Document', the channel conversation history document will be migrated to this library.
- Teams Direct Migration - Migrate Team channels and messages directly into the new Team in the destination.
- Finalize Teams Direct Migration - Mark Teams Direct Migration as completed. Migrating Teams data with this option enabled will take Team out of the migration mode. This option opens the team and channel resources for general use by team members. No further migrations can be performed against finalized team.
- Migrate Team Channel Tabs - Migrate Team channel tabs such as: Web, Document (Word, Excel, PDF, Powerpoint). For more information, see Migrating Microsoft Teams Channel Tabs.
- Exchange Version - The version of the Exchange destination platform
- Use Workstation Credentials - Use the credentials of the logged in user of the workstation to perform migrations rather than the provided username and password. The admin username and password is still required for auto-discovery.
- Nest Public Folders - Nest Public Folders under a specific top-level Public Folder.
- Nested Public Folder Name - The name of the top-level Public Folder under which other Public Folders will be nested if 'Nest Public Folders' is true.
Transfer and Performance
- Retry Count - The number of times an operation will be attempted before failing.
- Max Wait Time - Specify the maximum time that a wait operation can wait between exponential backoff retry attempts.
- Timeout - The maximum time, in milliseconds that communication will be attempted.
- Use X-AnchorMailbox Header - When using application impersonation, use the X-AnchorMailbox header to improve performance.
It is highly recommended to use the default PowerShell settings, unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- PowerShell Variables - Specify the name/value pairs that can be used as replacement variables in PowerShell scripts that the tool may run. The name must be in the format: [!name], where 'name' can be anything of your choice.
- Run PowerShell Init Script - Choose if the PowerShell initialization script will be run. The PowerShell initialization script is run once at the beginning of a migration.
- PowerShell Init Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Run PowerShell Before Script - Choose if a PowerShell script will be run at the beginning of a user's migration. This PowerShell script is run for every user at the beginning of their migration.
- PowerShell Before Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Run PowerShell After Script - Choose if a PowerShell script will be run after a user's migration. This PowerShell script is run after a user's migration has finished.
- PowerShell After Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Run PowerShell Finalize Script - Choose if a PowerShell script will be run after all users migrations are complete. This PowerShell script is run once, when all migrations are complete.
- PowerShell Finalize Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.