Basic Platform Settings
Choose Microsoft Office 365 as the migration source and enter your Microsoft Office 365 settings into CloudM Migrate and then click Next.
- All Advanced Settings are set to a default value, designed to ensure that your migration will work without additional configuration. You should only edit the Advanced Settings if instructed to by CloudM Support or in a CloudM Knowledge Base article.
Set the following settings:
- Office / Microsoft 365 Plan - Set to Office 365
- Authentication Method - Choose the authentication type that will be used with the server. For Microsoft 365, set to Modern.
- Domain Name - The domain name of the Exchange domain. This should be the internet domain of the Exchange system and not the local domain name.
- This might be the part after the @ in your administrator email address.
- If migrating from several different domains, several migrations will be needed.
- Admin Username - The email address of a global administrator within your Microsoft 365 environment.
- Admin Password - The password for the global administrator account specified earlier.
- Test Username - The email non-admin user who is already present in the system to test connections.
- Specify a primary SMTP email address (or just the part before the @ symbol and the domain name will be appended). The test user must have an active mailbox.