If you are using Modern Authentication (which is recommended), please refer to General Prerequisites and Source Platform Prerequisites sections in the Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace migration guide.
For more information on Modern Authentication for Microsoft 365, please see this article.
The following instructions are designed to assist you in migrating content from Office 365, if you are using Basic Authentication. Please note that CloudM recommend using Modern Authentication, as stated above.
The credentials (email and password) of an administrator account within your Office 365 environment.
If migrating files from OneDrive, you must have the sharepoint admin URL. This is something like: https://cloudmmigratedemo-admin.sharepoint.com.
Setup application impersonation or delegated access on both domains. Application impersonation is supported and should be used with all Enterprise plans of Office 365. Application impersonation is, however, unavailable in Small Business and Kiosk plans and as such delegated access is required to be set up. Details of how to set up either are available below.
Office 365 Groups Azure App Registration - Source or Destination
Set up a Google project and a service account for your destination domain
For information about migrating Office 365 Public Folders, please see Migrating Exchange Public Folders
Source Platform Prerequisites
Setting up Application Impersonation
Application Impersonation can be used by CloudM Migrate to impersonate users so knowledge of the users' credentials is not required. Application Impersonation is only available on Enterprise plans of Office 365.
First login to the Office 365 Exchange Admin Portal. Go to 'permissions' on the left hand side bar and click the + symbol in order to add a new role group. Enter 'CloudMigratorImpersonation' in both the Name and Description fields.
Next, click the + symbol under 'Roles', select ApplicationImpersonation, click 'add' and the click 'OK'.
Next, click the + symbol under 'Members', select your administrator user, click 'add' and then click 'OK'.
Click 'Save' and you will see the impersonation role listed in admin roles. Application impersonation is now set up.
Office 365 Groups Azure App Registration
The following steps are required to migrate from/to Office 365 Groups.
- Login to the Microsoft Azure portal for your chosen domain.
- Click 'Azure Active Directory'and then'App registrations'
- Click 'New registration'
- Enter a name for your application (This can be changed at any time).
- Supported Account Types should be left as the default 'Accounts in this organizational directory only (NAME OF COMPANY)'
- Redirect URI is not required.
- Click 'Register'
- On successfully registering your application you will be redirected to the below screen.
- NOTE : Open Notepad and Copy 'Application (client) ID'. This is the 'Client Id' required in the CloudM Migrate configuration.
- Click 'Certificates & secrets'
- 'New client secret'
- Select 'Never'
- Click 'Add'
- Client Secret will be generated and the client secrets table populated like below.
- NOTE : Copy the value generated and paste the value into notepad. This is the 'Client Secret' required in the CloudM Migrate configuration.
- Click 'API Permissions'
- Remove the default 'User.Read' by selecting the row and clicking 'Remove permission'
- Click 'Add a permission', under 'Microsoft APIs' select 'Microsoft Graph'
- Click 'Application Permission'
- Under 'Select Permissions' type the name of the permission you would like to add. Once all added, click 'Grant admin consent for '(Name of company)'
Office 365 Groups as a Source
Office 365 Groups as a Destination
Please sign in to leave a comment.