When migrating, from or into, Office 365 this error may be thrown out when using the "Check Connections" feature, or whilst running a migration for a specific user.
A global administrator isn't being used within the configuration or the insufficient permissions have been configured. Another reason could be that the administration account hasn't been added to the user's site collection.
Add the user as a site collection administrator:
- Go to your SharePoint admin centre (https://yourdomain-admin.sharepoint.com) and login with an admin account.
- Click on 'user profiles' in the left hand menu and then 'Manage User Profiles'
- Look for the effected user (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the 'Find Profiles' and click 'Find'
- Click on the user, this should bring up a menu with 4 options. Click on 'Manage site collection owners'
- Enter email@example.com into 'Site Collection Administrators' and click on the icon that looks like a user with a tick (highlighted in red in the attached) this will check the name exists.
If this still doesn't work, make sure you have configured one of the following access rights: Setting up Delegated Access to Exchange or Office 365 or Setting up Application Impersonation for Exchange or Office 365 and specify, the configured access, within the configuration under "Exchange 2007+/Office 365/Online Archive" and "Credential Method"