The following steps will allow you to install the User Interface, Primary Service and SQL Express for a typical primary server installation.
- Ensure your server meets the system requirements.
- Setup a server to run the primary service
- Select 'Advanced (Can be installed on multiple servers with advanced options)' from the installation types.
- Select 'Install Primary Service'
- It is not recommended to install a Secondary service on the primary service in a multi-server configuration. Secondaries should be installed on secondary servers and not on the primary server.
- Select 'Install SQL Express' - if you would like to use an existing installation of SQL Server then please see the section of the documentation covering this. It is recommended to use the default option.
- To select an alternative installation directory, click the button to the right of 'Select Installation Path'. It is recommended to use the default option.
- Click Install to proceed, this installation process can take some time.
- The installer will install the required components and will create the appropriate firewall rules.
- When the installer completes, the database details used for the primary server are displayed on the summary screen. You need these details when installing secondary services, so please copy them or download the text file containing these details.
- When you are done installing the primary server, install one or more secondary servers. You will need the database details as described in the previous step.
If you have only chosen to install the Primary Service, the Secondary Migration Service can later be enabled by using Service Configuration Tool if you would like to also enable a secondary on the same server as the primary. This is not required if you have setup other secondary services on other servers.
Please sign in to leave a comment.