While the default options are recommended for the majority of organisations the CloudM Migrate gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are some of the Advanced Options available to customers migrating from a file system
Active Directory Options
- Resolve Email Addresses – attempt to resolve NTFS permissions to email addresses. Email addresses for users are obtained from Active Directory and CloudM Migrate must be installed on a workstation connected to Active Directory and logged into Active Directory as a user with permissions to read users from the Directory. If migrating files only from a local workstation, not connected to Active Directory, set this option to false. For more information about how ACLs are mapped, please see the specific section regarding file system migrations.
- File System Document Sharing – specify how to share files migrated from the file system. Note that when migrating to Microsoft OneDrive, email notifications are not sent.
- Excluded Account Permissions – specify a list of login users who’s file ACLs will be ignored. For example, an ACL for ‘NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM’ is present on all files. To ignore this ACL, specify this value in this option. In order to help list the possible permissions for a particular system, an option is available in the Tools menu to list all local and Active Directory users under ‘Tools > File System > Export User List’.
- Migrate Top Level Folder – Migrate the folder hierarchy into a top-level folder named the same as the top-level folder specified in this option. The first top level folder name migrated to will be fixed for future migrations.
- Set Migrating User as Owner - Change the owner to the migrating user. This setting also ensures that the file owner from the file system is added as a writer at the destination.
Please sign in to leave a comment.