This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudM Migrate for a migration from Scalix. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
The following software should be installed on the migration workstation:
- CloudM Migrate
What else do I need?
- The credentials (username and password) of an administrative user in Scalix
- The name of a test account in the Scalix system that can be used for testing
- Scalix server IP address and Server Name
In order to access all data within the Scalix system, data is retrieved using both management and messaging APIs. The permissions required to use each of these are slightly different and may require configuration of a specific user to perform the migration. To read user lists from the system, a full system administrator is required. To set a user as a full system administrator, log into the Scalix Administration Console, select a user, navigate to the ‘Advanced’ tab and ensure that the ‘Is full administrator’ box is selected. The user can be either a standard or advanced user. Alongside being a full administrator, the user must also have mboxadmin rights. To set the user called ‘sxadmin to have mboxadmin rights, from a command line run the following command as root:
/opt/scalix/bin/ommodu -o sxadmin -c +mboxadmin
The path to your Scalix administration binaries may differ, please refer to your Scalix installation or system administrator for details.
The same user should be made a full system administrator and have mboxadmin rights.
It is highly recommended that users are prevented from accessing the system and the Scalix service restarted just before starting a migration. Several problems have been seen with Scalix when users have been accessing the system during migrations that can prevent migrations from completing successfully.
Configuring CloudM Migrate
- Select Scalix in the platform selector
- Enter the settings into the Scalix server settings
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for G Suite, Google Vault, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced options