When running CloudM Migrate in multi-server mode, you need to setup multiple servers to run the CloudMigrator primary and secondary services.
Recommended Setup Steps
- Setup a primary server, either in-house or using a hosted Virtual Machine
- See the guides for setup steps, including setting up Virtual Networks on hosted platforms such as Google Compute Engine or Microsoft Azure
It is important to note, that we recommend, in larger migrations where numerous secondaries will be utilized, that you should change the Virtual Memory of the Primary VM from the default Custom, which has a low threshold, to 'System Managed'. This is to improve performance of the primary as it communicates with the REDIS database.
- Install the CloudM Migrate primary service
- Setup a secondary server, again either in-house or using a hosted Virtual Machine
- Install the CloudM Migrate Secondary Service
- Validate the CloudM Migrate services are connected to each other
- Install or clone as many secondary servers as you require
- If you clone Virtual Machines you must ensure they have been prepared correctly for cloning using sysprep. See the sub-articles for more information about this.
Please sign in to leave a comment.