Document Library Permissions
CloudM Migrate does not migrate the library permissions separately, but they will cascade down to the documents/folders contained within.
The title of the default 'Documents' library is language specific ie Dutch = Documenten, German = unterlagen
SharePoint On Premise/Online allows for multiple document libraries to be created. Depending on the destination selected these can be handled differently. Under the 'Add Team Site' tab in CloudM Migrate, the 'Documents path' can be left empty (default) to migrate all document libraries, or populated with the title or titles of the document library separated with a semicolon ';'.
- Google Drive - the first folder will be the title of the source document library and the contents will contain any folders/files.
- SharePoint Online Team Sites/Sub Sites
- Will check the destination for a library that exists with the same name as the source. If a match is found folders/files for this library will be migrated.
- If no match is found based on the library title, this library will be created and folders/files migrated to the newly created library.
- If 'Given Name' is populated with a library title and 'Documents path' contains a single library title, Folders/files will be migrated to the library entered in 'Given Name'. If the library does not exist in the destination you will be notified through the tool.
- OneDrive for Business - when migrating from SharePoint 2007 the default library will be determined on the title 'Personal Documents' and be migrated to the users 'OneDrive for Business'. For SharePoint 2010/2013 and 2016 a user's default document library will be determined on the title 'Documents'. If a default library can not determined the library will be created in the destination.
SharePoint to Google Drive / Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business
Migrating all document libraries, 'Documents path' is left empty:
Migrating a single document library with the title of Documents, 'Documents path' is populated with the library title 'Documents'
Migrating multiple document libraries by library title, 'Documents path' is populated with the library titles 'Documents' and 'Site Assets' separated with a semicolon ';' eg. Documents;Assets
SharePoint to Microsoft 365/SharePoint Online Team Sites/Sub Sites
The following is an exception to the above and is only available when the destination platform is Microsoft 365.
Mapping a document library in the source platform to a library in the destination, 'Documents path' is populated with the library title 'Documents' and the 'Given Name' populated with the name of the library in the destination 'Documents'.
Google Shared Drives into SharePoint Document Libraries
ExportName should be the source shared drive ID. You can also specify any folder within a Shared Drive by specifying the folder ID in the 'Documents Path' field. ImportName should be the destination SharePoint TeamSite URL with 'Given Name' being the name of the library in the destination, EG 'Documents'.
Sharepoint Document Libraries into Google Shared Drives
Permissions are mapped as follows:
|Google Workspace Shared Drive||Sharepoint|
Please sign in to leave a comment.