The 'CloudM Migrate Service Manager' will be installed by default on both 'Basic' and 'Advanced' installations of a Primary or Secondary Migration Service and is useful for controlling service settings, starting and stopping the migration service and viewing service logs from CloudM Migrate.
This can be accessed from within CloudM Migrate from the Tools menu or by clicking
'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'CloudM' > 'CloudM Migrate Service Manager'
Most of the options for the CloudM Migrate service can be left at the default settings. The setting that you are most likely to change is Maximum User Migrations, which controls the number of users that can be migrated simultaneously on one server.
This tool will allow you to :
- Make configuration changes to the service running on the machine this application is installed on. If any changes have been made and applied by clicking the 'Update Configuration' button you will be required to restart the service. This can be done by clicking on the arrow next to 'Stop' and then clicking on 'Restart' The following configuration items can be updated:
- Endpoint - The endpoint name for the migration service, should normally not be changed.
- Validate SSL Certificates - Whether the service should validate SSL certificates of services it connects to.
- Run Primary Service - Determines whether the primary service is run. Only one primary service per migration network should be run.
- Run Secondary Service - Determines whether the secondary service is run. Many secondary services can be run within one migration network. Secondary and Primary can run on the same server.
- Heartbeat - The interval between heartbeats, where the secondary services provide information to the primary service about their state.
- Maximum Start Attempts - The number of times to attempt to start the service.
- Start Attempt Delay (ms) - If service startup fails, the time to wait before retrying to start the service.
- Primary Persist State Interval (min) - Interval to persist migration service state.
- Redis Server Location - If the Redis server is not located at the same address as the SQL Server set its address here. Credentials can also be provided e.g. 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199, password=Password1
- Migration Balancer
- Allocate Migration Items Based On Parent - Allocate migration items based on configuration or only parent configuration.
- Migration Limits
- Maximum Complete Migrations - The maximum number of concurrent overall migrations.
- Maximum User Migrations - The maximum number of user migrations to run per secondary service.
- Migration Queue Scan Interval - The interval at which the migration queue will be scanned to check whether any migrations are waiting to process.
- System Timeouts
- Unresponsive Secondary Timeout (mins) - The maximum time to wait for statuses from secondary services before they are marked as inactive and possibly removed from operation.
- Ignore Unresponsive Secondary (mins) - The amount of time to ignore a secondary services that has previously failed.
- Migration Item Processing Timeout (mins) - xxxx
- Available Secondary Wait Time (mins) - The time to wait from the start of a migration before failing if no secondary service is available.
- Message time to live (seconds) - The timeout to apply to messages delivered when communicating between machines. If NServiceBus gets a message older than this setting the message will be ignored.
- Primary Secondary Timeout (mins) - The timeout to apply to messages processed when communicating between the primary services and secondary services. If the secondary sees a message older than this setting it will be ignored.
- Service Health Check Interval (mins) - The interval at which the Windows service will be checked to determine service health status.
- Primary Heartbeat (ms) - The interval between heartbeats, where the Primary services updates alive status.
- Unresponsive Primary Timeout (ms) - The maximum time until the primary service is considered as dead. User to avoid multiple primary services running simultaneously.
- Secondary Maximum Error Count - The maximum number of serious system errors that can occur on a secondary service before it will taken out of operation.
- Failed Migration Retry Count - The maximum number of times to retry a migration if it fails due to a system error.MA
- Start, Stop and Restart the service.
- Stopping or Restarting the service will stop any currently running migrations.
- View events raised by Primary or/and Secondary Migration Service.
- Open Services Management Console - opens the Windows built in Service Management Console.
- Open Event Viewer (Application View) - opens the Windows built in Event Viewer.