While the default options are recommended for the majority of organisations the CloudM Migrate gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are some of the Advanced Options available to customers migrating from GroupWise.
- Server Port - The GroupWise server port. This is the same port as the GroupWise client normally uses and is usually 1677.
- Groupwise 2014+ Admin Port - The port the GroupWise 2014+ Admin service is running on, normally 9710.
- Category Labels – Apply GroupWise categories to migrated email labels/categories.
- Plain Text Only – Only use the plain text of internal GroupWise emails when migrating to the destination system. Note this only applies to messages that have been sent with the GroupWise system and if a message has been received from outside of the GroupWise system, this is migrated as normal.
- User Expanded Recipients - Use expanded recipients when resolving email recipients. Only turn off when directed by support.
- Server MIME Generation - Generate MIME messages on the GroupWise server rather than on the client.
- Address Book Processing – Select the address books for migration. Note that if system address books are migrated then contacts in the system address book become personal contacts in the destination system.
- Incoming Shared Address Books – For GroupWise 8 only, choose to migrate incoming shared address books. For versions of GroupWise below 8 this option is ignored and all address books are migrated.
- Contact Extraction Language – Select the language in which your contact data is stored (English, German or Swedish only at present).
- Excluded Frequent Contact Addresses – Enter a list (one per line, lower-case) of email addresses or wildcards of contacts that should be skipped when migrating ‘Frequent Contacts’. To specify wildcard addresses, use the format ‘*@domain.com’, where all addresses that end in ‘@domain.com’ will be skipped.
- Excluded Sync Addresses – Enter a list (one per line, lower-case) of email address of contacts that will not be included if performing GroupWise System Address Book synchronization.
- Migrate All Group Members – Turn this option on to always attempt to migrate all members of Distribution Lists/Groups, even if the contact would not normally be migrated due to the address book settings. This means you can choose not to migrate the system address book, but user’s personal contact lists that contain addresses from the system address book would still be complete.
- System Address Book Sync Type – (Google Workspace destination only) Choose whether to sync the system address book with Google Domain Profiles, Shared Contacts or both. The default is to sync with both. See the section on syncing the GroupWise System Address Book.
- Migrate Notes – Migrate GroupWise notes as all day appointments in the destination system.
- Migrate Appointments from Mail Attachments - Migrate GroupWise appointments that are attached to Mail messages.
- Incoming Shared Calendars - Migrate incoming shared calendars from GroupWise. This will result in duplication of items between accounts and is not recommended.
Account / Archive
- Archive Label/Folder Method – Choose to use just one label/folder (as specified by ‘Archive Label’) to migrated archived messages (Single Label), or choose ‘Folder Structure’ to apply the label or folder structure as specified by the archived messages folder structure in the same way that labels/folders are applied to non-archived messages. Choose ‘Label and Folder Structure’ to have both label/folder types applied.
- Archive Label/Folder – The name of the label/folder created for archived GroupWise messages if ‘Archive Label/Folder Method’ is set to ‘Single Label’.
- Incoming Shared Folders – Within a user’s mailbox structure, there may be shared folders of other users. Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 do not support this concept of shared folders and thus any shared folder from another user will not be updated once in the destination system. It may also require the transfer of lots of data from a single user’s mailbox to many other users. It is recommended therefore that this setting is left at false. Note than any folders that a user has shared with others will be transferred as normal as they are normal folders for the owning user.
- Message Export Method – Choose the way in which messages will be exported from GroupWise folders. Generally this should be left at ‘Quick Messages’, with ‘Filtered’ being an option if ‘Quick Messages’ fails. Use ‘Original’ only if incorrect numbers of messages are exported using other options, and no folder contains more than 4000 messages.
- Migrate Signature – Migrate the users GroupWise signature (if set and enabled) to Google Workspace. Plain text or HTML signatures can be migrated that are encoded as base64 or quoted printable.
Migrate Rules/Filters – Migrate the users GroupWise rules to Gmail filters.
Note: Note that only rules that can be mapped to filters will be migrated. It is important to migrate filters one time only, or duplicates will be created in Gmail..
- Migrate Account Delegation – Migrate account delegation to Google Workspace account delegation. Please see the section on ‘Migrating GroupWise Delegates’ for further information.
- Absolute Maximum Attachment Size - When processing attachments from any GroupWise item, skip the attachment it it is larger than this value (in bytes). This is required to prevent memory issues.
- Maintain Cabinet Name in Folder Hierarchy - When migrating Cabinets, preserve the Cabinet name in the folder hierarchy e.g. Cabinet/Folder/SubFolder.