The information below is for when configuring IMAP as source platform for a migration.
- Server Address – The hostname or IP address the IMAP server
- Server Port – The port number for the IMAP server
- Start TLS – Set to true to use Start TLS/SSL
- Admin Name – The full login name of an admin user if using ‘Admin Credentials’ as the authentication type.
- Admin Password – The password of the admin user is using ‘Admin Credentials’.
These are not required during the migration if User Credentials is selected as the Authentication Type.
- Authentication Type
- This is set to User Credentials by default, where the users individual credentials are used to connect to the IMAP accounts.
- If your server supports delegated access for administrative users then this can be set to Admin Credentials and the credentials provided for the admin user will be used to authenticate for all accounts. CloudM Migrate uses PLAIN authentication with Authzid.
- We also support Proxy Auth if the server supports it.
If you select User Credentials, in order to complete a configuration, something still needs to be entered in the Admin Username and Password area, so we recommend that you enter the test email address and password to bypass this.
- Test Name – The full login name of a user to test connections. The user must exist in the IMAP system
- Test Password – The password for the test user