This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudM Migrate for a migration from Dropbox. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
Please ensure that the file content you are migrating from Dropbox is owned by the users you wish to migrate.
- Click the key icon next to the 'Authorisation Code' field or the 'Get Authorization Code' button.
- The following window will appear with instructions on what to do next. Clicking 'Continue' will open a new tab asking you to login to Dropbox if you are not already logged in.
- Enter your Dropbox 'Team Admin' email address and password and click 'Sign in' or click 'Sign in with Google' (Team Admin email address).
- Once signed in, you will be redirected to the below page:
- Click 'Allow', and copy the authorisation code and enter it into the 'Authorisation Code' field
- Click 'Next' to test connections, this will ensure everything is working correctly.
Configure CloudM Migrate
- Select Dropbox for Business in the platform selector:
- Enter the settings into the Dropbox for Business server settings
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for G Suite, Google Vault, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced options.