This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudM Migrate for a migration from Dropbox. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
Please ensure that the file content you are migrating from Dropbox is owned by the users you wish to migrate.
Creating a Dropbox for Business Application
- Navigate to: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/create/business and login with a Dropbox for Business administration account.
- Complete the following settings:
- Choose an API - 'Scoped access'.
- Choose the type of access you need - ‘Full Dropbox’
- Name your app - Your desired app name
- If an application already exists within Dropbox with the same name, you will be presented with the following message ‘This app name is already taken’. Adjust the name accordingly to make the name unique e.g. append with a random number.
- If not already selected, select the ‘Settings’ tab. Under the section ‘OAuth 2’ enter the following into the redirect URIs textbox, “https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/redirect_receiver” (without the quotes) and click ‘Add’.
- Select the ‘Permissions’ tab and ensure that the following permissions are enabled:
- In the 'Settings' tab, under ‘Generated access token’ header click ‘Generate’.
- Note: Make a note of the generated access token as this is required to configure CloudM Migrate.
- Click ‘Submit’ when you are done making changes.
Configure CloudM Migrate
- Select Dropbox for Business in the platform selector:
- Enter the settings into the Dropbox for Business server settings
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for G Suite, Google Vault, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced options