This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudM Migrate for a migration from Zimbra. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
The following software should be installed on the migration workstation:
- CloudM Migrate
What else do I need?
- The Zimbra server address
- Administrator username and password. No extra configuration is required for migration from Zimbra servers. If migrating items from a specific domain within a multi-domain environment then you require credentials for a domain administrator.
- Select Zimbra in the platform selector
- Enter the settings into the Zimbra server settings
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for Google Workspace, Google Vault, Microsoft Exchange or 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the connection. See this article for more information about the connection test. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced options.
Zimbra Proxy Servers
When migrating from Zimbra, CloudM Migrate opens direct connections to the servers hosting the mail, and ignores the Zimbra proxy server (if one exists). This is done to workaround a bug in the Zimbra APIs. If CloudM Migrate cannot connect to the mailbox servers, the migration will fail. To ensure CloudM Migrate can connect, you should ensure the servers are available via DNS, or edit the hosts file on the migration servers to allow resolution.