If you have any issues when installing CloudM Migrate, please check all of the following:
- Make sure all of your servers have a name shorter than 16 characters. Communication between servers in a multi-server environment can be problematic with server names longer than 15 characters.
- The following are outlined in the System Requirements:
- You must be running a 64bit version of Windows
- You must be running Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2016 R2
- Ensure that you have no pending Windows updates waiting to install. If you have Windows updates waiting to install, please install them and reboot
- Try clearing your computers temporary directory. This can be done using the disk cleanup application installed with Windows or by navigating in a Windows explorer window to
%TEMP%and deleting the files from this directory
- Ensure your computer has both the .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 4.5 installed
- Check if any security or anti-virus software may be preventing installation. CloudM Migrate needs to install custom firewall rules and make other system changes that some security packages may prevent. It is recommended to uninstall any non-Windows security software.
- If the installer fails on the 'Prerequisites' package and for any reason you have uninstalled SQL Server Express before an upgrade or reinstallation make sure to delete the database files. These are in the following location by default:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.POWEREDBY\MSSQL\DATA\PoweredBy.mdf
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.POWEREDBY\MSSQL\DATA\PoweredBy_log.ldf
If when running the installer you encounter any problems you will be presented with a message box outlining the error encountered, or you will be shown the failed installation dialog.
Clicking on the 'Log' link in the above screen will open a zip file. The number of files in this zip file can vary depending on the installation mode (e.g Install, Update or Uninstall) components being installed and the error encountered.
If you have a problem installing CloudM Migrate and the tips above do not help, please report it to our support team with a copy of the installer logs.
Clicking 'Close' will close the installer.
Installation zip files can be also found in the following directory and prefixed with 'CloudM Migrate' or "CloudMigrator" followed by the date and time: