Basic installation installs all components to a single machine and is suitable for performing migrations from a single server or as the main server in a migration farm. If you have specialised requirements, have a pre-existing SQL Server instance you would like to use, or will be performing multi-server migrations using a server farm, you should also review the advanced installation documentation.
The following components makeup and are used by CloudM Migrate:
- Web Application and Primary Service
- Secondary Service
- SQL Server Express 2017
Basic Installation process
To start the installation:
- Open a web browser, download the latest x64 CloudM Migrate executable and launch the installer as an administrator: CloudM Migrate Changelog and Download Link
- Review and accept the license terms by checking the checkbox.
- Click 'Next'.
- All relevant fields will be selected / populated by default (with the exception of your web access credentials). To select an alternative installation directory:
- Click the ellipsis button (...) to the right of the 'Installation Path' field and browse to the required install destination.
- Set up your web access credentials with an email username and a password of your choice (which you will need to use to log in to the web application).
- Click Install to proceed. This installation process can take some time.
- Start CloudM Migrate by loading the web interface. Alternatively, the interfaces are available in the Start menu, under CloudM.
- If you have any issues regarding the installation, refer to the next section of this article.
- If the installation was successful, skip to Launching CloudM Migrate
If you have any issues when installing CloudM Migrate:
- Ensure that you have no pending Windows updates waiting to install. If you have Windows updates waiting to install, please install them and reboot.
- Check the following in the System Requirements:
- You must be running a 64bit version of Windows.
- You must be running Windows 8, 10, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2016 R2.
- Try clearing your computer's temporary directory. This can be done using the disk cleanup application installed with Windows or by navigating in a Windows explorer window to %TEMP% and deleting the files from this directory.
- Check if any security or antivirus software may be preventing installation. CloudM Migrate needs to install custom firewall rules and make other system changes that some security packages may prevent. It is recommended to uninstall any non-Windows security software.
- Verify the checksum on your CloudM Migrate installation package to be sure the download is not corrupt. The latest checksums can be found on the CloudM Migrate Changelog page and files can be verified using CertUtil. MD5 and SHA1 checksums are provided.
- If the installer fails on the 'Prerequisites' package, and for any reason you have uninstalled SQL Server Express before an upgrade or reinstallation, make sure to delete the database files. These are in the following location by default:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.POWEREDBY\MSSQL\DATA\PoweredBy.mdf
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.POWEREDBY\MSSQL\DATA\PoweredBy_log.ldf
If you encounter any problems during the installation of CloudM Migrate, you will be presented with a message box outlining the error encountered, or you will be shown the failed installation dialog.
Clicking on the Log link in the above screen will open a zip file. The number of files in this zip file can vary depending on the installation mode (e.g Install, Update or Uninstall) components being installed and the error encountered.
If you have a problem installing CloudM Migrate and the tips above do not help, start by reviewing the logs. If you are still unable to diagnose or solve the issue, please report it to our support team with a copy of the installer logs.
Clicking Close will close the installer.
Installation zip files can be also found in the following directory and prefixed with 'CloudM Migrate' or "CloudMigrator" followed by the date and time: